When planning on opening an office in the US, there are several
Our insolvency/bankruptcy team is led in the UK by founding partner, John Nimmo, supported by Grant Docherty, head of the firm’s banking team and in the US by founding partner Allan Rooney and partner Tim Davis. The team works closely with the banking and restructuring teams to provide commercial advice to a broad range of clients. We advise clients affected by and those working in the area of insolvency/bankruptcy and financial distress including, amongst others, companies and unincorporated entities, directors, and shareholders, insolvency/bankruptcy practitioners and other stakeholders such as commercial lenders and other creditors.
The insolvency/bankruptcy team can call upon expertise from specialists in other areas of our business, such as banking, restructuring, employment, real estate and corporate, in order to provide an integrated and focused service.
The services we provide include:
- Security reviews and the review of other loan documentation, in order to assess potential exposures and defaults and advising on enhanced security packages, which might be available or required to secure continuing creditor support and/or funding
- Enforcement of security and guarantees
- Restructuring and refinancing strategies, particularly for companies requiring assistance with managing their creditor community
- Debt recovery
- Formal insolvency appointments
- Pre-pack and post-appointment business and assets sales and acquisitions
- Advising directors on their duties and potential liabilities
- Reviewing pre-insolvency transactions and providing advice as to their efficacy under applicable insolvency and bankruptcy laws “