Our lawyers are well versed in the complex and often changing immigration landscapes in the UK and the US. We can help you plan and implement your immigration needs on both sides of the Atlantic.
Inbound to the US
Immigration laws in the US are subject to an ever-changing environment of, regulatory action, and legislative reform. Seeking professional advice should be an essential part of an entrepreneurial plan. Our team will provide guidance in the following ways:
- Planning and strategy
- Appropriate visa selection
- Documentation and submission
Inbound to the UK
In the UK, our immigration law team can handle most immigration issues from applications to appealing decisions of the Home Office, including:
- Standard Visitor visas
- Study visas
- Working business and investment visas
- Family cases and deportation
Commercial Litigation, Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
Rooney Nimmo has years of experience in commercial litigation and trial practice, which allows us to help clients assess their claims and goals and develop appropriate litigation strategies.
In the US:
- We have advised on a range of commercial disputes in both federal and state courts as well as in alternative dispute resolution venues and proceedings, including the SEC, DoJ, AAA, JAMS, FINRA, and NYSE arbitrations.
- We have litigated a wide variety of commercial matters including accounting fraud, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”) conspiracy, and contract disputes.
- We have handled business disputes and matters related to employment, securities, construction, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder, insurance defense, professional sports, white-collar crime, and professional liability matters.
As experienced negotiators and litigators, we strive to ensure favorable results for our clients, whether through settlement negotiations or at trial. We understand the importance of managing risk and cost and minimizing disruption to your business. Therefore, while maintaining momentum in contentious matters, we also counsel clients on litigation-avoidance measures and on approaches that either obviate or bring a swift resolution to litigation wherever possible.
Judgment enforcement and asset recovery
Unfortunately, even after a decision has been made, some judgment debtors are unwilling to pay either in full or in installments. Our litigators are also well versed in this “Second Act” of litigation. Using the post-judgment discovery process and all other available apparatuses of the state and federal courts, our firm has relentlessly pursued assets of both corporate and individual judgment debtors.