Jin has a broad range of experience advising start-ups, SMEs, fund managers, VCs and investment syndicates in relation to UK and international corporate and commercial matters, financial services and regulation, M&A, private equity, TMT and FinTech.
This includes, inter alia, acting for clients in relation to:
- contract negotiation and drafting;
- data protection (including GDPR compliance);
- structuring debt and equity fundraisings, including EIS funds, VCT funds and listings on LSE Main Market and AIM;
- fund and asset management compliance;
- SEIS and EIS investments;
- cryptoassets; and
Positions of Trust
Jin is a Senior Research Associate at Queen Mary University of London. His extensive research cover, inter alia, initial coin offerings (ICOs), cryptoassets, smart contracts, and artificial intelligence (AI).
He has since 2017 taught classes at Queen Mary University of London, including investment banking law at the School of Economics and Finance, and securities regulation and financial technology law at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies.
He is also Ambassador for qLegal, a pro bono organisation which provides legal advice and resources to tech startups and entrepreneurs.
Finally, Jin is Alternate Vice Chair of DUOS Gruppen A/S, which includes, inter alia, DUOS A/S and DUOS Senior Service A/S.
Education and Languages
Jin’s academic record includes:
- LL.M. in Banking and Finance, Queen Mary University of London (Recipient of the School of Law’s Banking and Finance Law Programme Prize)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (HD), Copenhagen Business School
- Cand.jur., University of Copenhagen
- Summer School, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Oxford Summer Law School, CBL International, Oxford University
- LL.B., University of Copenhagen
Jin speaks English, Scandinavian languages and Chinese (Mandarin and Qingtian dialects).
Jin is an editor of the law e-journal ‘The FinTech Edition’ which features the best distinction graded FinTech and RegTech related postgraduate dissertations from renowned international universities.
He is also author and co-author of several published works, including:
- “Kautionistens opsigelsesmuligheder – særligt med fokus på ophør af en kautions materielle virkning efter DL 1-23-15” [”The Guarantor’s Access to Terminate Guarantees – Terminating the Material Effect of the Guarantee on Basis of DL 1-23-15”] (2019) 3 Erhvervsjuridisk Tidsskrift 116, 130-137
- “The Concept of Cryptocurrencies and Digital Tokens from an Islamic Law Perspective” (2018) 9 Journal of International Banking and Financial Law 573
- “Regulating High Frequency Crypto-Trading” (2018) Financial Regulation International
- “Er bitcoin penge?” [“Is bitcoin money?”] (2018) 2 Erhvervsjuridisk Tidsskrift 127
- “Regulating Initial Coin Offerings (‘Crypto-Crowdfunding’)” (2017) 32 Journal of International Banking and Financial Law 495
- “Securitisation of Bank Accounts in China” (2017) 32 Journal of International Banking and Financial Law 716
- “Tabsbegrænsningspligtens udstrækning i tilfælde af aktiekurstab på et reguleret marked” [“Limitations of the Duty to Mitigate in the Case of Equity Losses on a Regulated Market”] (2017) 3 Erhvervsjuridisk Tidsskrift160